July 30, 2011

Saturday Run!

I rarely run on the weekends.  I'm either too: lazy, tired, full, busy, cranky, or some other word that makes one not feel like running ;)  Today I felt pretty good and had the time.  I've been trying to eat better - eliminating some of the junk (if I eliminated all of it, what fun would life be?) but also adding in more fruits and vegetables.  I honestly think its working.  I feel better.  Better how, I dont know.  But just better, you know?

So I hopped on the treadmill to do a "quick" three.  Fairly quick for me, but still a snails pace for most others.  I started off a bit faster than I normally do and really pushed it for the third mile.  Got off feeling good and still feel good an hour later.  Instead of filling up with junk post run, I had some cottage cheese, a banana and some watermelon.  The kids are still sleeping and I'm enjoying the silence.  I've likely only got a few more minutes of it ...

Distance: 3.00
Time:  32:48





2 comments:

Jess said...

Nice job on the run! I always think I'm going to have more time ont he weekends, but then they fly by even faster than the week!

Anonymous said...

I love running on the weekends. The weekdays I feel the most lazy because I'm usually really tired