May 25, 2010

Time To Fess Up

I have officially gotten back in motion. Last night I went to yoga and today I had a personal trainer come to the house. I signed up for 8 sessions with her and she will be back again next week. I'm also considering doing the Boot Camp she is running, but it depends on two things 1) whether or not it happens because she sent out a call for interest and 2) whether or not I can do 1 out of 3 days a week. Her intro to the camp offered a 2 and 3 day option only ... so I assume it depends on the level of interest whether or not she would let me do only one week. I'm also going to call that other training place (the one that stood me up) and take them up on the three free sessions. If I like them, I'll likely pick them up after my 8 sessions with the new trainer ends.

And since I have been so much of a slacker lately and everyone is tired of my excuses, I figured I should finally just come out and share the real excuse, at least, the dominant one.

I'm 16 weeks into my 2nd pregnancy ... Brooke is going to be a big sister this fall!

This time around has been a lot more challenging that it was with Brooke. I have felt lousy, and still feel lousy. I'm past the fatigue but havent been able to conquer the nausea and other related issues. I've also had some problems with sciatica and round ligament pain. It has made keeping active really hard! In the mornings I dont want to get up early and just really need my sleep. During the day I either feel sick, tired, or am in some sort of discomfort.

Anyway, I finally decided to suck it up and commit to some sort of exercise program. The yoga I'm going to is pre-natal, and the personal trainers (including the one who ditched me) specialize in pre and post-natal exercise. The reason I had to cancel on the trainer last week is because I couldnt get a doctors release for her in time - but I got one yesterday and I'm good to go.

And the past few months of inactivity has really caused a drop in my ability. Between yoga yesterday and the trainer today I'm already sore. I also was pretty embarrassed with my level of strength and fitness when the trainer was doing some generic testing to check out my ability. I'm sure now that I'm getting back into gear I will improve, but its been a bit of an ego blow for me. As for running, I'm not sure what to do. I gave it up completely when I was pregnant with Brooke. I keep waiting to "feel better" to get out and give it another shot this time. At this rate, I'll be several months postpartum by the time I "feel good enough" to run :( I dont think a miracle is going to happen and I'm going to have to figure out a plan sooner or later. My immediate running future is a bit unknown, but I can look to so many other bloggers who ran (or are running) during their pregnancies for inspiration and guidance and hope that it will give me a little push!

11 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Congratulations! That's awesome news!

If you need some motivation to exercise while preggers, go look at the pictures I posted recently on my blog from my pregnancies. You'll be out the door in no time. ;o)

Alanna said...

Congratulations! I wasn't running when I was pregnant (that came after), but both Natalie at Lil Runner and Zoe at Run, Zoe, Run! are expecting so you might be able to get some good stuff from them.

Jamie said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic news!

Bethany + Ryan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! very exciting news!!!!! :-) Thanks for sharing!

JScribe said...

I couldn't be happier. Let me know if there's anything Aunt Jean can do!

Aron said...

CONGRATSSSSS!!!! so exciting :)

kilax said...

Congrats!!!

N.D. said...

COngrats! so exciting! :) I hope you start feeling better and this pregnancy goes easily for you.

RunToTheFinish said...

OMG!!!! Congrats, I totally wouldn't have guessed that's what was coming!

love the personal trainer coming to you, that sounds great

Sarah said...

I somehow missed this post before....CONGRATS!!! Such exciting news!!!! I was exhausted the first trimester with both kids...such a tough time. Good luck with the trainer!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! I missed this post before, but went looking when I saw the word "baby" in today's post. :) All my best wished to you.