June 8, 2011

A Race I WONT Be Doing

A friend sent me this link today, for the "Undie Dash", a "5K Underwear Run". Um, Yeah. If you have to include the following paragraph in your FAQ's, I dont think its really gonna be my kind of race:
Unacceptable Attire:

Obviously, with an event like this, there can be many interpretations of what is acceptable and unacceptable. Remember, the run will take place on a public walkway in the city and this is a family event. With that in mind, we ask that you please refrain from wearing the following: thongs, see through clothing, clothing that does not fit properly (too small or too big), clothing that would be considered lewd, pasties, “edible” clothing, clothing that may have various “attachments,” and clothing that does not fully cover your “private areas.”
The FAQ's also tell you not to show up under the influence of alcohol or drugs and state "Please don’t let it reach the point that the CPD must get involved". Hmmm.

On another note, I got in a run today. A really GOOD one. I felt good and could have run longer but wanted to make sure I had some time to cool down before one of the kids got up from nap. The other day Brooke woke up while I was running. I had to run up two flights of stairs to get her and was dripping with sweat. I could barely breathe. She sees me, and whines "carry me!". It was very difficult to explain to her about working out, sweating, overheating and stinking up a storm. She didnt get it. I ended up having to carry anyway :( Now I try to avoid that scenario!

No comments: