March 27, 2011

Finally, 3 Miles!

It's a little late in the game with the Shamrock Shuffle 8K in only two weeks, but I finally got in a continuous 3-miler today. Not only did I run three miles without stopping (aka: quitting), but I actually pushed myself during the run. I ran the first two miles at about 11:30 pace but kept picking up the last mile pace until I was running pretty hard (for me, that is).

Kerrie, over at Mom Vs Marathon recently talked about speed being a state of mind. Her current training program actually incorporates regular mile time trials. Speed is absolutely a state of mind. I havent felt "fast" lately because I have been unable to even finish the runs I attempt. But also because the pace Im running at is nowhere near where I was pre-pregnancy. Well, today I actually felt pretty fast on the treadmill. I know its not really fast, but it felt fast to me. And, thats really all that matters right now. But, I do like the idea of doing mile time trials to get an idea of what you can really do. Perhaps when I'm officially on the running bandwagon again I'll throw something like that into my training program.

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

Aw, thanks for the shout-out. Congrats on three consecutive miles! I definitely think it's good to push our limits a little every now and then. Keep it up!

Jess said...

Great job!

kilax said...

Good for you on the 3!

And I know what you mean about fast! My "fast" is some people's "slow"!