February 15, 2011

I Sort Of Ran 2 Miles Today

Runkeeper has me confused. I mapped out a 2 mile run on Favorite Run, but ended up with some mixed results. The map was messed up and told me I ran 1.92 miles in 23 minutes and 45 seconds, pacing at 12:21. I know I ran slow. It was challenging, and to add to it, very icy. So I had to walk across patches of ice, slowing down my already slow pace (not that I minded). I know the total time was right, but I got shorted on the distance. I tinkered with the map in some areas it was obviously wrong and got 2.08 miles, a pace of 11:26. Still no speed demon, but almost a minute faster per mile (for the whopping 2 I ran).

I looked back on my previous post-baby shuffle training (which also started with 2 mile runs) and found that my first two runs (here and here) seemed to go a bit easier than my runs so far have. I think I might have a little more work to do than I expected. I appear to be pacing slow, just like before. But, I am having difficulty actually completing my runs. Today I had to walk a bit after one mile, and that is in addition to walking over the ice patches that were scattered everywhere. After Brooke I expressed that the 2 mile runs were challenging and that I was tired at the end, but I actually did complete the 2 miles before having to stop.

In the past few days I've completed two runs, if you can say "completed" for a run that also included walking. I have officially started training for the Shamrock Shuffle, but have a long way to go!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I feel like I have a long way to go, too, so you're not alone!

Did you register yet? What corral are you in? I'm in G.