January 6, 2011

Squeezing It In

I have been getting a little less sleep than I have even recently been getting because Brooke has decided to start waking up in the middle of the night. Now I have a two-month-old and two-year-old that dont sleep through the night ;) Anyway, its made me a little extra tired ... and forced me to take a nap yesterday.

Today has been hectic. Brooke woke up early, Ryan slept in. My sitter called in sick. I had to take Brooke to soccer and then Ryan to the doctor. I got both kids down at the same time to nap and had prime opportunity for a nap myself. Instead, I loaded up on leftover stuffed shells, some candy and a coke and then I got in a little ab workout. I am well aware that this is not the ideal way to do things, but eating is a priority and I had to do it fast. So I stuffed my face and did some exercise. I'll work on that issue at a later date ;)

I went from the list I posted earlier, and did the exercises that were not marked "new". Since I posted week 4 of a 5 week class, there was a progression on the posted sheet that would have been different than week 1. So I attempted 14 of the exercises as they were written and had decent success.

1. Torso Extensions or “Press Ups” 10 reps
This is really more of a stretch, I had no problems

2. Superman – upper & lower body 20 reps
Slightly challenging, but finished without issue

3. Front Plank – from toes 30 seconds, 3x Couldnt hack 30 seconds, did 3 reps of 15 seconds

4. Bird Dogs – limbs off centered 10 reps – hold each position 10 seconds
no problem

7. Segmental Hip Bridges with heal lifts 10 reps, 2x
I think I remember the heal lift being the accelerated move. I did it without the heel lift and had no issue.

8. Pelvic Floor Gliding Contractions 120 seconds
easy

9. Torso Rolls with leg extensions 60 seconds
Again, this is more of a stretch/mobility move. No problems here.

10. TransVersus Abdominus I (TVA) 15x each leg, 3x
Had some issues here. On the left leg I kept getting a popping each time I lowered my leg. I couldnt tell where it was coming from, but I think from my abdominal area. I did three sets of 10 but something was wrong here.

11. Crunches – feet off of floor 15 reps, 3x
The "feet off of floor" is an accelerated move. I did 3 sets of 15 with my feet on the floor.

14. Pilates 100 60 seconds
When I took this class I thought this move was stupid. I still do. I dont get it. I dont feel anything and dont think it works for me. Maybe I just do it wrong...

15. Pushup – Modified 10 reps, 2x
I have always hated pushups and had problems with them (likely the reason I hate them). I did 2 sets of 10 but didnt want to!

16. Cats & Dogs 10 reps
This is a stretching move. No issues.

No comments: