August 27, 2009

When Dreams Do Not Come True

Last night I had a dream that I took my overdue Blockbuster movies back this morning. But, I woke up early, got into my running gear ... and took Brooke and her stroller with me. Blockbuster is really close, I'd say the round trip would have been only a bit over a mile.

When I woke this morning, I got dressed in my normal clothes. I got Brooke up, and as she was eating breakfast I remembered my dream. It would be a good test at running. Blockbuster is a pretty straight path and the streets are not busy along the way. In addition, since I'm chicken to run with the stroller, a 1-mile run might be enough of an outing for my first time.

It was raining, and the whole trip wasn't possible anyway. I'm still irritated that I had a dream about it and then woke up and "forgot" that dream. It seems like my mind keeps pushing the idea of running with the stroller back farther and farther into that mommy-brain-abyss. Arrrh!!!

I'm gonna sign up for another race so that I'm forced to get back out there. As I have noticed recently, I need the motivation (or threat) of an upcoming race in order to hit the pavement ;)

1 comment:

Jess said...

I didn't know Blockbuster was still in business.