August 28, 2009

Another Race

Yesterday after feeling guility I went and signed up for my next race. Only a few weeks away, its close enough to keep me focused and long enough of a distance to require me to run.

Despite that, this morning I "almost ran" again. I woke up and thought about making that Blockbuster run (yes Jess, they are still in business) since I didnt return the movies yesterday. I looked outside and it was gloomy ... but not raining. So I grabbed my iPhone and checked out the weather forcast from my handy Weather Channel application. It showed rain pretty much all morning, and then thunderstorms all afternoon. So no running. Instead, after breakfast I packed up the stroller with all of the necessary gear (an umbrella for me and a rain-guard for the stroller) and we walked to Blockbuster and the grocery store. Made it there and back and no rain. Its now several hours later and still no rain. Sheesh. And despite the fact that my iPhone application still shows rain all day, the Weather Channel website does not. What is up with that????????????

Anyway, at least I am an official registered participant of the upcoming Komen Chicago Race For The Cure 10K. . Perhaps a new race on the horizon will finally get me out there with that stroller ;)

5 comments:

robison52 said...

You're smart to sign up for a race to help your motivation!! Hang tough and keep pushing (yourself and the stroller).

It's very rare that Las Vegas get's any rain, today it's 106 degrees, and running through a little rain sounds like heaven to me!!

RunToTheFinish said...

aww don't let guilt motivate you! I hope you are still enjoying running a little bit...oh come on a teeny tiny bit, I bet way down deep your runner inside is saying let me out, I want to splash in those puddles

Jamie said...

thanks for stopping by! glad you found me :)

I was going to run the Komen Chicago 10K but it conflicts with my friend's baby shower :( good luck with the training and keeping your focus!

Sarah said...

Signing up for races always helps to keep me on track. I try and do at least one a month during the nice weather. :)

lifestudent said...

RunToFinish ...
I swear I do like running. I just dont like the stress of trying to find a way or the time or the energy to run ;) Life becomes so much more complicated when you have a pint-sized boss dictating how you spend your time. It becomes hard to schedule a run, and when I do I feel like I'm always squeezing it in ... which makes it less enjoyable and more of a hassle!