November 6, 2007

Butternut Squash????

Ok, on the Friday before the LV Marathon (and the night before my early flight to Las Vegas), Jeff has his company holiday party. I have three menu options - beef, fish and "butternut squash ravioli". I know the beef and fish are out - but is butternut squash ravioli something that would be ok? This would be my big carbo-loading meal ... the marathon is at 6 am on Sunday. With a 7:30 pm dinner, I will be running 26.2 less than 36 hours after this meal. Any of the smart eaters have some advice for me?

Update: Wed at 10:46 I did run yesterday :) Just didnt post the info. Here it is!
Training Log
Time:  40:00  Distance:3.71 miles   Pace:  10:47 min/mi
I did some easy miles on the treadmill - so nothing major to report. The shins are still bothering me (knees too!) but not as much during my runs. Its like a general soreness/tiredness all the time. I think I should have followed the Katie Holmes method of marathon training... 2-3 months of training with the help of professionals. After all these months, I think my body is just ready to run 26.2 and get it over with :) One bonus of my treadmill run - I got to watch the televisions at the campus rec center. Ellen was on. I don't actually watch very much daytime television (which is unusual, being a student and all) but found myself actually laughing out loud several times during my run. At one point she had "big foot" come out, and the two of them danced on stage. It was so dumb it was actually funny. I cant think of a better way to pass treadmill-time than to spend it laughing ;)

3 comments:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

I would choose the raviloi and if it is crappy, take some bread or duck out for a while and head to a nearby restarant for something you can handle. I have a friend who once carbo loaded on Rice Krispie treats in a pinch and did fine. Just pick something your tummy will love. I am in love with Erin Baker's breakfast cookies - and they do ok in my purse too!
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com

Anonymous said...

I've had different squash ravioli before, it's usually pretty good. I know most people hear "squash" and think back to the nasty, mushy stuff they served at school lunch - it's a lot better than that.

robison52 said...

Since you're planning on running in the Las Vegas Marathon, maybe something appropriate to ex-Mister Las Vegas, Elvis Presley's diet, fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches?