November 5, 2007

New Marathon Goal

This past weekend, Katie Holmes ran the New York City Marathon. According to her husband (um, that would be Tom Cruise), Katie worked very hard ... training for a whole three months. Wearing a flimsy tank top and strectch pants, the celebrity star wife finished in 5 hours, 29 minutes and 58 seconds.

My new marathon goal is simply to beat her time. Why? Looking at the way she went about it, I guess I just think if I dont beat her it makes me look pretty darn silly. First, training for a whole three months is practically a joke. Second, I dont have a personal chef or personal trainer to help me along the way. Third, I dont have bodyguards (that look like pro athletes) to run with me. Finally, if she can run in all the wrong gear it speaks a lot about the type of "training" she did. Check out the video. At this time she has a jacket over the tank, but you can see her pants are so long she steps on them in the back ... and the three body guards surrounding her are quite obvious :) So all I have to do is run Las Vegas in 5 hours, 29 minutes and 57 seconds and I will be happy.

Workout? Nope, not today
I have had a stiff neck since yesterday. Today its a bit better, but my mobility is quite limited. So instead of Pilates or a run, I am going to take it easy. My shins are still bothering me too ... which reminds me that I need to spend come quality time with an ice-pack or two.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Ugh, I saw a picture of her while running -- oh man, messy boobies. Just as long as you run in a sports bra, I hold you in much higher esteem than her.

RunToTheFinish said...

I agree, personally I would want to beat her time too!