February 12, 2011

Whipped Cream? Yes Please!

I made it to Pilates & Pancakes! I did a 45min warmup, 3 mile run, and ate pancakes ... With chocolate chips, syrup AND whipped cream ;). Gotta go make a tutu, so I'll give the details later .

Run Report
At 8AM we (my sister & I) met at a local running store for their monthly "Pilates & Pancakes". Turns out the Pilates instructor wasnt there, but the physical therapist that usually joins her was. (It doesnt seem like the workout varied much with or without the pilates instructor) She talked a lot about an active / dynamic warmup. And thats what we focused on. It was actually a really great warmup and, I have a feeling after a year hiatus, very much needed. Found a video with an active warmup for runners, in case you want to check it out!


As for the run, it was as challenging as I expected. There were many stops, between the stop-lights and stop-signs and traffic. In addition, I had to stop and walk a bit a few times. But, I made it. It was a good start to (what I hope to be) my comeback :)

Distance - 3.01 miles
Total Time - 40:36
Average Pace - 13:30
Mile 1 - 13:29
Mile 2 - 12:52
Mile 3 - 14:03

Obviously, not a perfect start. But, it was a start nonetheless.

4 comments:

kilax said...

Yay! Good for you!

We had pancakes after our group run today too!

Kristina said...

Great job! Was that a Fleet Feet event? The pancakes sound delicious!

Jess said...

Perfect reward!

lifestudent said...

Kristina - it was Universal Sole on Lincoln. They actually do some pretty cool stuff (and I have just recently just discovered them)!