January 25, 2011

I Watched 30 Day Shred Today

Nope, not a typo. I watched it.

The other day I received a comment about doing some exercises at home when I missed a planned workout. I've been doing the ab workout at home, but nothing else. I have a serious issue/problem with just exercising on my own. I need a plan. I can follow a list of exercises but have never really done any videos ... but Kristina's comment did get me thinking that I need a few other options outside of this ab workout.

The other day I downloaded a few apps for the iPhone, but none look that thrilling. Then today I decided to download some workouts off of OnDemand. One of them was Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred.

I pondered doing it, but didnt want to go and seek out some equipment (my yoga mat is missing and I have no clue where my hand weights are at this moment). I've also been having some pretty serious back pain lately. I dont know what the 30 day shred really entails, or what equipment I needed, so I decided to play the recording while I did some work. So I sat and watched the 30 day shred while I drank a coke and surfed the internet. Really. Does that make me some sort of failure?

Anyway, one of the things I did as I surfed the internet is look up more about the 30 Day Shred and what people say about it. I also saw that the DVD's are pretty cheap. So, I ordered them :) Now the issue is that I can barely do a 20 minute ab workout and often have to break it into two 10 minute workouts. I'm not too sure how I can do 30 days of this DVD. BUT, Ryan has been sleeping a little more consistently and I think my luck is gonna change soon. They arent scheduled to arrive for a bit, so I still have plenty of opportunity to make excuses for not getting any workouts in.

2 comments:

Julie D said...

I got this DVD for Christmas and have yet to use it. I haven't been able to work out at home since I got a puppy. =/ When you do get to it, I'd love to hear about it.

kilax said...

You might be able to fit it in! It is only 25 minutes long and breaks into segments (strength, cardio and abs) that you could pause on.