As for the 7 random things:
- One day I decided to try to run. I ran around my block. I was so proud that I made it all the way around I signed up for Team in Training to train for the Chicago Marathon.
- As a child I had two pet turtles. Tommy was the first and he died. I got a second one and named him "Tommy 2".*
- We went to Florida on a family trip when I was about 14. We left our home and pet parakeet in the hands of a family friend. When we got home the parakeet was dead. I still wonder what the heck happened.*
- I was obsessed with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups almost my whole life. Now I'm over them completely. My current candy bar of choice is Butterfinger.
- I have been in school for 28 years. This includes daycare, preschool, gradeschool, highschool, college, my MBA and my in-process PhD. I did take a couple of years to work in the "real world", but it wasnt for me.
- I have a passion for Celebrity Gossip, but dont get to enjoy it as much anymore.
- I dont like wearing socks. In the house I like to be barefoot and I prefer shoes that dont require socks. If I do wear socks (like when running) I cant wait to get them off the minute I can.
Running With The Runner Girl
Endurance Isnt Only Physical
Running And Some Sauce On Top
*Sorry about the all the death talk. Those are just the random things that popped into my head for "7 random things". Maybe I need to talk to a shrink ;)