November 6, 2009

Week 1: Almost Complete

I finished my 30-minute run today, and again found it challenging. I know in a few weeks it will become easier, but I still am struggling to figure out how this all works. The whole mother, wife, student, friend AND runner thing :) I had a hectic day today and didnt get out for my run until about 7:15PM, here is how my day went up until that point:

6:30AM - Wake up, eat breakfast, take a few minutes for myself

7:00AM - Brooke is up! Breakfast time

7:45AM - Head out for my exercise class

8:00AM-9:00AM - Up in the gym, working on my fitness (while at the same time watching a toddler, hoping she doesnt get into trouble.

9:00AM-9:30AM - Brooke plays during "open play", I chase her around

9:30AM - Grocery store, almost out of milk!

10:00AM - Home, need to get ready for a trip to the zoo

11:00AM-1:00PM - Walk around zoo, carrying 26lbs of baby on my back

1:30PM - Get home, put Brooke down for nap

1:30PM - 2:40PM - Try to relax, make lunch, start a taped episode of Grey's Anatomy, but ...

2:40PM - Brooke wakes up, too early, and screaming hysterically

2:40PM - 3:00PM - Rock Brooke till she calms down

3:00PM - 4:00PM - Sit in rocking chair while Brooke sleeps on my lap

4:00PM - 5:15PM - Chase Brooke around the house

5:15PM - Make Brooke dinner, while chasing her around the kitchen

5:30PM - Feed Brooke dinner

6:00PM - 7:00PM - Chase Brooke around the house

7:00PM - Put Brooke to bed

7:15PM - Go for a run

I dont wonder at all why my even runs are so impossible. Just chasing Brooke all day is exhausting, but then you add carrying her around the zoo ... and an AM exercise class ... and a grocery store trip (and not to mention the little details that I didnt include, like the 10 or so diaper changes). I'm just wiped out at the end of the day. So the whole 30-minute-run thing becomes something so much bigger, and it just looms over my head all day.

Anyway, I got my run in. In less then 12 hours I have my first Winter Warriors run - a 5 miler - and will have completed my first week of training. Luckily, its first thing in the morning ;)

Running Log
Time:30:12   Distance:2.83 mi   Pace:10:41

All I can say about tonight's run is that I am very thankful it was a 30-minute versus 40-minute run. After today, I wasnt going to be running for 40-minutes. It seriously just wasnt going to happen.

We have had a bit of a warm-up in the past few days, following unseasonably cold temperatures. It actually felt pretty good being out for a run (well, except for the running part). Again, I was pretty tired for the whole run but pushed myself a little bit more because I knew it was only 30 minutes. And though I have run faster than 10:40 pace before, tonight that really was about the fastest I could go.

No comments: