October 14, 2009

I Have Class

Besides my weekly runs (yes, if you dont stop by here often, I run like once a week ... if I am lucky) I have been doing little else. Its sad and frustrating, because I used to do so much. In fact, there was a time where I would spend two hours per day at the gym. Granted, I was unemployed and unmarried ... but still. Now I spend each evening wondering where the day went, and why the heck am I so wiped out. I enjoy running (though I complain about it) and simply just do not enjoy the stress of trying to find the time to do it.

Anyway, I digress. This isnt really about running, but still about exercise in general. Over the summer I tried out a new outdoor mommy & me exercise class after my previous one had ended (and my instructor moved to the burbs). At that time I was exercising a lot and I found the class to be too easy (it would be a different story had I gone to try it out today). The other moms there all had really little babies and looked like they had just started to exercise again. In addition, Brooke was getting to the point where she would not just sit there and hang out in her stroller (she is still at that point, many months later). I knew the girl teaching the course through a local moms group I am a member of, and we have talked here and there since. She has a new lineup of classes in the fall and they are more appropriate for Brooke (and thus, for me). I signed up today for a 6-week class that starts on Friday (yup, in like 2 days). The class is actually at a local coffee shop (do you believe in FATE? I do) that has an indoor playplace for kids, called Common Grounds. I have taken Brooke there quite a few times and she thinks its the best place on earth.

So now at least I have a once-a-week strengthening class. Now I just have to formulate my running plan. I am working on it, I swear. Expect to hear something soon ;)

2 comments:

kilax said...

I hope the strengthing class is fun! How neat that they accomodate you bringing Brooke!

I had to totally change my schedule to fit marathon training in this summer - meaning I got up an hour earlier - and it killed me. I was too tired and ended up injured. Meh. I wish it was easier to fit running in!

Jess said...

That's great that you can bring Brooke! It's hard fitting in exercise with a child!