September 24, 2009

All Is Right With The World

Yes, its true. I am officially back on the interwebz. (Breathes sigh of relief)

I did have to take Brooke out yesterday to an indoor playgound that has wifi so I could send in an assignment, but other than that I survived. I am now back at Starbucks "working", which means I am spending time catching up on all the time I have lost surfing the web and reading your blogs.

On a good note, I went for a run today. I figured I'd have to be pretty dumb to just attempt to do the 10K on Saturday without any running in a week. So I had my sitter come a bit early and went out for a run as soon as she arrived. Just a three-miler, but I did push myself. (Though pushing myself still makes me the slowest runner out there on the streets, oh well).

I've mentioned before I am a morning runner (that is, when I actually am trying to be a runner at all) so I knew I was in for a bit of trouble today. My sitter was coming at 10:30. Generally by 10:30 I have had a latte and shoved a bunch of other garbage into my mouth. I am also pretty tired after 3 hours of chasing around a baby while also trying to keep the house from looking like a tornado hit it. I tried my best this morning to be smart. We didnt go to Starbucks (so no latte) and I had oatmeal and 1/2 of an english muffin for breakfast. I also repeatedly ignored the petite blueberry scones sitting on my kitchen counter. That's much better than I could have expected and I seriously think I might deserve a medal. Dont worry, I'm going to dinner with a few girlfriends tonight. I will reward myself for my good behavior.

Running Log
Time:31:55   Distance:3.01 mi   Pace:10:37

Compared to my usual 11:30ish pace, you can see that I did actually push myself today. I figured its the least I can do to prepare for this race (really, I couldnt have done much less than I did) without having an amublance trail me for the whole 6 miles. And to admit, running faster today was much easier than running with Brooke the other day. If I had a choice, I'd run a few miles at a fast pace over pushing that stroller any day.

No comments: