April 17, 2009

Sorry For The Lack Of Update...

I've been having a bit of a pity party this week. Its been a hectic one, and my back is still hurting :( My neck got better and worse, but now is better ... but my back just wont get better. And I'm pretty sure I know why. Brooke has a cold and is extra clingy this week. That means I have spent the week carrying around a 20 lb baby. If your back was in great shape it would be out of whack by now, and mine didnt start off so great in the first place!

I had the MRI on Wednesday, which was a freaky experience. I thought I had an MRI before, and told them so when I went in. But when I saw how tiny the little tube they wanted to squeeze my body into was, I realized I hadnt had one. As I sat in the tiny tube trying not to lose my cool, I remembered I had a CAT Scan (not an MRI).



Dont know if you can tell from these pics, but the MRI (left) has a smaller opening. In addition, you go all the way in whereas with the CT scan it was a wide open circle that just-so-happened to be around me. The MRI also took 20 or so (more?) minutes while I think the CT Scan was shorter (but perhaps being trapped in a tube, while holding a "panic button" in case I freaked out, just made the experience seem a lot longer).

Anyway, I go back on the 27th to find out the results of my MRI. Why not until the 27th? Because next week I'll be out of town on a well-needed vacation. Hooray!!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I think that I would certainly need a panic button in one of those...I don't do well in small spaces.

Hope you enjoy your vacation!!!!

RunToTheFinish said...

OHH enjoy vacation, maybe some good old fashioned relaxation will cure what ails you

Rookie on the Run said...

I'm pretty sure I would be close to panic if I had to go in one of those.

Until recently, I carried my youngest son pretty much everywhere I went. He refused to go in a stroller or walk. I swear, my back was SO thrown out of whack! The chiropractor has done wonders... and it helps that my son walks everywhere now.

Have a wonderful, relaxing vacation!!

Jess said...

Well, I hope I never need an MRI because I would have a painicattack in one of those.

Enjoy your vacay!