Race Weekend Packing List
- Running shoes (plus extra pair)
- Light running jacket and/or vest
- Race day apparel
- Extra running shirts and shorts
- Running socks
- Fleece pullover or insulated jacket
- Running pants or tights
- Running watch (plus extra, if you have one)
- I.D. bracelet
- Knit cap
- Running cap with visor
- Thin gloves
- Race day gels, beans, or bars (if you plan to carry some)
- Sports drink or drink mix of choice
- Healthy snacks for trip (fruit, fig bars, pretzels, etc.)
- Any special pre-race foods you might not be able to find locally
- Fast-food salt packets, if you plan to "do the salt"
- Cell phone
- Cell phone charger
- MP3 player
- MP3 player dock and/or charger
- Travel alarm clock
- Copies of Runner's World and Running Times magazines (to read while waiting for the start Sunday morning)
- Large garbage bag (in case of rain)
- Directions to race expo
- Registration/confirmation card
- Extra safety pins
- Petroleum jelly or Body Glide
- Antacid tablets
- Street clothes and toiletries and stuff.
OH YEAH, AND...
By the way - good luck to any and all who have a race this weekend. NYC or otherwise!