October 27, 2008

I Didn't Do It

I started thinking more and didnt run my trick-or-treat trot. People got me concerned that I might mentally feel better than I physically am. I also get regular emails from "What To Expect" and this weeks article was on abs ... after a baby. It says:
Don't look now, but there's probably a hole in the middle of your belly. A very common pregnancy condition known in medical circles as diastasis, it's a gap in your abdominal muscles that can develop as the abdomen expands. It can take a month or two after delivery for this gap to close, so make sure your belly is in good shape before you start those crunches or you'll risk an injury. In the meantime, you can do this exercise to help the separation heal: Lie on your back, knees bent, feet on the floor. Exhale and slowly extend one leg along the floor. Inhale and bring the leg back to the bent-knee position. Repeat with your other leg.
So I decided to take a step back and may do the exercises they talk about in the email. There are also some options for me when I am ready to get back into shape. The two I am planning on doing are the Mom & Baby Yoga at my local studio and Stroller Strides. Stroller Strides is a program for moms and their babies that includes Power Walking and body toning using the stroller. Both the yoga and Stroller Strides require a doctors release - which means I cant start either until after my 6-week postpartum checkup. Since everyone keeps suggesting I wait 6 weeks, thats what I'll do. I guess its back to fitness in a little over 2 more weeks!

No comments: