January 23, 2008

OH NO! I forgot!

For some reason I thought it was the 24th, but it was the 21st. I forgot to honor National Squirrel Appreciation Day. The reason this "holiday" was founded is because food is often scarce in the winter for squirrels (and other wildlife) ad the hope is that in appreciating them you will leave them some food to help fill their grumbling bellies. Although I am a few days late, I hope you can all take a moment to cherish this wonderful rodent.


Photo courtesy of Christy Hargrove, the actual founder of the National Squirrel Appreciation Day!




What Can I Do To Honor The Squirrel?
I am sure there are so many ways, but here are a few suggestions:

Join the Squirrel Lovers Club

Help an orphaned squirrel by donating to Squirrel Rehab

Get yourself a Squngee squirrel feeder: great entertainment for the whole family while providing valuable nutrients to those hungry squirrels!

Check out the Squngee in action!

Because I so thoughtlessly forgot to appreciate squirrels this past Monday, I promise to appreciate them for the rest of this month!

No comments: