September 6, 2007

I Think I Am In Love...Again

Its funny how we can still be learning so much about running, when training has really been going on for what seems like forever. Today I was browsing around some of my favorite blogs, and I came across a post by Vanilla mentioning the McMillan Running Calculator. This awesome thing calculates all of your estimated race times and paces based on one specific race. Since I havent really done a whole lot of races (um, two, to be exact), I put in the info for my recent 10-miler. According to McMillan, I should be pacing at 11:31 for the Marathon, with a total time of 5:01:33. It also says for a 3 mile "race" I should pace at 9:56. On my most recent 3-mile run (not a race, but I felt like I was racing myself) I paced much faster than that. But I scrolled through some of my other runs that were about 3 miles, and found that I did 2.8 miles on August 15th with a pace of 9:57...pretty close!

2 comments:

Soulseros said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! And good luck with your training and I look forward to reading about your Chicago experience.

Meredith Brooks said...

Good luck in your training for Chicago! I love the pictures of Wrigley - I hope to have a chocolate lab someday!