September 1, 2007

Maybe I Am The Road Runner?

Last night instead of going to the Taste of Polonia Jeff and I went to see the movie "Superbad".
It was a bit different than I expected, but a pretty funny movie. I have to say, its definitly the type that gets funnier as you watch it repeated times - which is something I often don't do. I just dont have the tolerance for watching movies over and over :)

Today We woke up this morning, against our wills, to the sound of billions (I am serious, it was like - a billion!) bottles being thrown from a dumpster into a truck. We have a bar right behind us (the benefits of city living) and they apparantely needed to clean out their dumpsters since they are expecting this to be such a big weekend. Since we were up, we went to the dog beach to play with Wrigley for a while. I ran home from there (about 3.2 miles) to get in a short run. Today would normally be our 10-miler, but with the holiday weekend I am instead doing it on Monday - as an entrant in the Park Forest Sceneic 10.

We also had Cubs tickets today, so after I showered it was time to go. Lunch was delicious (hot dog & cracker-jacks..cant get much more of a ball-park meal than that!) - and the Cubs won!


Tonight
Right now we are watching the Illinois vs Missouri football game. Can you believe its football season????????? After that, we are heading to the Taste of Polonia for a yummy pierogi dinner.

Training Log
Time:  31:01 time  Distance:3.22 miles   Pace:  9:38 min/mi
I must still have an inflated ego from yesterday. Fortunately, I handled it a bit better than yesterday. I didn't blow my steam early like yesterday, but did end up getting a cramp in my neck while running. This tends to happen to me when I run too fast. I think my body can go faster, but my breathing doesnt properly change to suit the increased speed and I end up getting cramps. Anyway, my legs and body felt fine - I did have to stop for 1 minute during the run to wait out the cramp. Still - I ended up running pretty fast without feeling the consequences. While 9:38 is not "fast" to many, for a 10:30 pacer it sure is! And there were times during the run I was running faster than 9:38, this is just my average pace over the distance

No comments: