September 7, 2007

Its Just Not Gonna Happen

I don't feel like running today. I am tired, its rainy, I have a headache...I could think of other excuses but I think you get the idea. This hasn't been a week with much running, since the Park Forest race was on Monday I have had quite a few "rest" days. Keeping with my usual routine, rest = eating.

We got pictures from the Park Forest Scenic 10 today. There were not a lot, and I look quite stupid in most of them. Here are two that werent horrible:

As usual, its Friday night and I have no plans. Partly because I am a hermit, but mostly because I have early morning runs on Saturday. What will I do when I no longer have Saturday runs as my excuse to crawl in bed early on Fridays? I think whatever new pursuit I choose, it will have to take up my Saturdays. I could do without the super-early mornings, but I really have come to appreaciate the early-to-bed routine!

Friday Funnies
As it is Friday (and while I spent a bit less time than I normally do on Fridays, I did manage to surf the net while passing time today), here is another edition of the Friday Funnies.

The sarcastic humor of someecards. Today this one could not possibly be more on point.


Fun with Joggers
Davezille has a post entitled Fun with Joggers. Between his 10 ideas and the 36 comments left by readers, there are plenty of ways to irrate/freak-out/distress runners. My personal favorite? "Hide in the bushes of a quiet street with an airhorn". Also, check out the jogging prank video. Its a bit cruel so I didnt link directly to it...but if you have the right sense of humor you might find it quite enjoyable ;)

See Dwight Run
And finally, for all you fans of The Office

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

I too sort of enjoy being able to just relax on friday nights, though it does hamper the social life.

Those are great running picks! I'm usually all sweaty and my hair is poofed out by the time someone gets a picture!

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Great tip on how to freak out joggers!

Those are great pics!

Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com