September 9, 2007

14 Miles - Almost The Death of Me

Yesterday was a "timed" run - 150 minutes. Originally a 16-miler, Team in Training changed it at the last minute. I believe they wanted to slow us down and prevent injury before next weekends final long run - the BIG 20! Patti and I did 14 miles during the time, and the whole run was a struggle. It wasnt that it was impossible, or that we wanted to quit ... but that we both just had to keep pushing it the whole run. Like our bodies were fighting it.

Then later after the run I called Patti. I felt lousy and wanted to see if I was alone - and I wasnt! Patti said she was exhausted, her neck hurt and she was nauseated. She also tried to take a nap and couldnt fall asleeep. All of the same things I was experiencing. Hearing all of that made me feel a little better, because you know that misery loves company.

I had a friend's bachelorette party in the 'burbs to attend last night - and that was a challenge. I was so tired, I really couldnt even focus. I had a hard time just staying on the same planet as the other girls and didnt make it long into the evening :) But the good thing is, when I got home I slept like a champ!

Sunday Morning
Woke up this morning to take Wrigley to the beach. As the summer is over we have only a few opportunities left to let our dog do the thing she love best - fetch while swimming! Today was extra special because Wrigleys "cousin" Annie

came to the beach with us for the first time. Annie wasn't so sure about the water, but we did get her in at the end. For most of her time there, she watched Wrigley jumping, splashing and swimming - and looked more than happy to be an observer versus a participant.



Rest of Sunday
Today is a big day - we have the Bears vs Chargers @ 3:15. More importantly, the VMA's are on at 8 (central). Its sure to be an interesting night with Britney as the opening act.

No comments: