August 15, 2007

"Cheated" On My Run - Ate Ice Cream Afterwards :)

When I checked the temperature it said it was 77 ... while thats not cool by any standard, it certainly isnt hot! So, I was excited to head outside for my run since I have been doing so many of them on the treadmill in recent weeks. My excitement soon vanished about 1 minute into the run when I realized it was about 99% humidity and I was pretty sure I was going to die. I had planned a short run, only about 3.10 miles, but wanted to quit about 1/3 of a mile into it. It was so humid that I had a difficult time breathing and my entire body was soaked with perspiration within seconds. Guess I should have hit the gym once again!

I met a friend for lunch, did some shopping, and got some ice-cream after. It was actually frozen-yogurt ... since I didnt do all of my run, I didnt deserve "real" ice cream. (But, of course, I still deserved SOME treat, right?)

Training Log
Time:  27:85 time  Distance:2.8 miles   Pace:  9:57 min/mi
So even though I didnt do my whole run, and was struggling throughout the whole run, at least my pace was decent :) I cant have three strikes, right?

1 comment:

RunToTheFinish said...

Humidity really is a killer! I've finally figured out how to more or less breath through it in the AM, but by the 100 degree mark in the evening no choice but to treadmill it up.

And we always deserve ice cream!