August 13, 2007

It's Monday?

This morning I sent out an email letter to friends and family to update them on my 1/2 Marathon experience and also on my fundraising efforts. The Marathon is coming up soon, and I still have yet to reach my personal fundraising goal for Team In Training. While I have plenty of time, my schedule is getting hectic - especially with school starting on August 27th! Some friends were quick to reply - and I increased my total fundraising to $1420! It feels great to be making this sort of contribution to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and I want to sent a sincere "thank you" to all my donors.

All day today I kept thinking it was Sunday - since I did my long run yesterday (which normally takes place on Saturday). Repeatedly I have had to tell myself its actually Monday, which has been a battle I have waged against myself all day.

I spent most of the day at the Chicago Premium Outlets, where I met my Mom, Grandma and Grandpa for lunch. (Of course, I managed to do some shopping!) So, while I was supposed to be resting and stretching, I found myself walking laps around a large, outdoor, outlet mall. Since I am feeling a bit sore today (and in some unusal places like my ankles), this might not have been the optimal decision and I am about to do some stretching and icing followed by bedtime!

No comments: