After the run my mentee team went out to breakfast. It was a lot of fun - there were 10 of us and although we are all so different, there is tons to talk about just regarding Marathon training. As we all chatted and ate, time flew by - and I realized I had to go home for some serious knee icing.
Tonight we have dinner plans with friends, and tomorrow we have breakfast and lunch plans. Good thing I have such a busy weekened planned because on Monday I need to start writing this conference paper and studying for my comps. The next few weeks are not going to be enjoyable....
Time:  70 minutes  Distance:6.00 miles   Pace:  11:40min/mi
The run wasn't easy - but I definitely didnt really struggle. The knees held up (I think thanks to the fact I iced them three times last night) and I felt pretty good. We stay at 6 miles for the next couple of weeks, so my biggest concern now is those Wed night trainings, not my Saturday long runs. Who ever thought that would happen??
- I ran 6 miles! Again, my longest distance and longest time ever!
- Refrained from ordering an unhealthy breakfast after the run...but ate 1/2 bag of chocolate with lunch..so I am even?
- The training is all what you make of it
- 6 miles is nothing to loose sleep over ;)
- If I open a bag of chocolate, someone pretty much has to beat me in order for me to stop eating it