August 4, 2011

Feeling STRONG ... and then ...

Hopped on the treadmill today.  I felt pretty good all day and was actually looking forward to a run.  I normally start the treadmill at 5.2 or 5.3 mph, but today I started at 5.4.  Ran mile 1, felt great.  For mile 2 I kept picking up the pace.  Still felt good.  As I was running mile 3 I continued to pick up the pace ... and then it happened.

I grabbed for my towel and it caught the rope that attaches to the safety key ... and it pulled it out.  This caused the entire treadmill to stopAnd to lose all my data. ARRH!!

I started up again right away. I know I was right about mile 2.5 (maybe a smidge less or more, but right about there) so I had .5 to go. I did it pretty fast since I was pretty ticked. I'll have to guesstimate my time for this run, which is unfortunate. I was really doing well and trying to push myself. I guess that's what happens when Im feeling good. Something comes along and steals my mojo.

Im pretty sure I clocked about 21:00 for the first two miles. I know the last .5 was 4:38. I know the first .5 of mile 3 was faster-paced than mile 2, but slower than the last .5 ... so I'm gonna guess about 4:50.

Total distance = 3 miles
Total time = 30:28
Total pace = 10:09ish

4 comments:

Q said...

Aaargh, sudden treadmill stops can make me crazy! The one at my old work gym wouldn't allow you to run for more than 1.5 hours, no matter WHAT, and I honestly got so frustrated with it!!

Q said...

Aaargh, sudden treadmill stops can make me crazy! The one at my old work gym wouldn't allow you to run for more than 1.5 hours, no matter WHAT, and I honestly got so frustrated with it!!

Tricia said...

ugh, hate that. I had a treadmill once that wouldnt go over an hour. drove me nut

Jess said...

Damn treadmill! No matter the time, feeling good is alaways good!