July 9, 2011

Tried Something New Today

The little guy goes down for a nap pretty early - like 830AM (thanks to the fact he is an early riser). He sleeps for 1.5-2 hours and I usually use that time to clean up around the house, do laundry, make calls, etc. Brooke watches tv or plays games on the computer. Since I usually use that as her tv/computer time I figured I could try to run this morning instead of doing chores.

It sort of worked.

We have a television in the room near the treadmill. A room she doesnt get to go into much. In fact, she doesnt go into the room with the treadmill much either. I thought it would be "special" to have her watch a show in the room next to me while I ran. This way, she was close to me and she got to do something a little different. Unfortunately, she was more interested in the treadmill than the television. Every 2 minutes or so she came in and asked me questions, tried to talk to me, showed me balloons and dance moves, and asked when I would be done. She wasnt as entertained as I thought she would be, and now she has a newfound interest in the treadmill ... something a bit dangerous for a 2-year-old to be playing with.

So I got in 3 miles, but it might have backfired on me. We will see I guess ;)

Distance - 3 Miles
Pace - 10:59

No comments: