February 25, 2011

Hal Higdon Week 2 FAIL

Here is what Hal Higdon has to say for week 2 of the 8K training:
Monday - Stretch & Strength
Tuesday - 2 mile run
Wednesday - 30 minute cross
Thursday - 2 mile run & strength
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 30 minute cross
Sunday - 2.5 mile run

So far, the only part I have successfully accomplished is that which is assigned for today ... REST.


Last night was the worst night with Ryan yet this week. He went to bed about 8 and got up at 10:30 screaming. He screamed for an hour, was back down at 11:30, and back up again at 1ish. It took me an hour to get him down (2:30) and he was up at 4 (screaming). This time I fed him (he normally eats between 2:30 and 4 in the morning) and he went back to sleep until a bit before 6. It was quite the night. And I was sort of thinking of trying to squeeze in a run while my sitter was here during the day. Ha. I feel like I got hit in the face with a brick.

I'm not gonna commit to anything right now, but hopefully I can get a run in Saturday and Sunday of this weekend since my husband will be around to help with my sleepless children. If not, guess I'll be taking a pass on Week 2 and hope for better luck in Week 3!

No comments: