January 15, 2010

I'm In Trouble

I met with my dissertation advisor today. He told me I had to get a rough draft on his desk ... in four weeks. Sheesh. I havent been able to get anything done in months and I'm supposed to get a ton done in a few weeks? I am not too sure how that is gonna happen :)

On a running note, there are now three of us running 10 tomorrow instead of the suggested 8. We all feel like we have been a bit short on the training and that a few more miles will help us build our confidence for the upcoming race in Miami. Tomorrow morning at 8AM (the time of our run) it is supposed to be 25 degrees, "feeling like" 17. Its actually a bit of a confusing temperature - cold but not too cold. And I question a bit now what to wear. When I overheated last night it was in the 30's. So I'm assuming I can wear normal winter-wear tomorrow without getting to hot, but I think its going to be a bit of a guessing game. All my stuff is in the dryer right now, so luckily I'll have the full range of gear to choose from tomorrow AM.

4 comments:

Bethany + Ryan said...

Brrr, feels like temp of 17 sounds cold enough to me! So once u start running it will feel like 27. Brr, still cold enough for me!
Not sure what to say about your dissertation other than good luck! Do u ever come up with good things on ur runs? I used to do that when I was in school, I always came up with the best stuff while running. Good luck on the 10miler-great choice!

Tricia said...

Good luck on the run!

Jess said...

Good luck with the dissertation pressure!

And, hope the 10 miler went well today!

kilax said...

Maybe the deadline on the dissertation will help? Good luck! :)