January 5, 2010

3 And A Pizza

This weekend I have an 11-miler on the calendar, which wouldnt be a big deal if I had been keeping up with my runs. I'm managing to run once during the week (instead of the three days suggested, in addition to my weekend long run. This past weekend's 10-miler long run was canceled due to cold temperatures and I managed to squeak in a measly 4 miles instead. Saturday is already approaching and I have not been running enough to feel confident about it :( That doesnt even include the fact that the high for Saturday is 18 degrees!

I pushed out a quick 3 miler with the motivation of a pizza waiting at home. The run wasnt too bad and the pizza was good. Too good, in fact. I ate almost a whole small pizza myself. I guess thats what you get for walking in the door after a run with a piping hot pizza staring you in the face :(

Running Log
Time:32:40   Distance:3.26mi   Pace:10:02

Splits:
1 11:05
2 9:35
3 9:32
4 9:31 (pacing)

It looks like I ran the first mile a ton slower than the rest. This is only partly true. I always tend to start off a bit slow ... but during the first mile I had to stop and wait for two stoplights at busy intersections. I honestly do not know how long a red light is, but I had to stop running and wait for more than a few seconds at each of the intersections :)

Anyway, without mile 1 this is one of my faster runs. I have been doing this every couple of weeks - I walk out the door once the pizza is ordered and try to beat it home. I think I should do it every day, because I find running for pizza to be truly inspirational.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Mmmm, there is nothing better than coming home from a run to hot food.

As for my cruise, it went to the Mexican Riviera. We left out of Long Beach, CA and stopped in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. It was definitely warmer than Chicago, that's for sure!

Aron said...

i cannot resist pizza either... sigh.

Jamie said...

I find pizza, especially Pequads, irresistible too. Nice job on the cold run!

RunToTheFinish said...

I have been in Kansas city for over a week so that is the subzero

lifestudent said...

Aha RunToTheFinish! Does that mean the Miami 1/2 is still a viable option? Cuz its not worth traveling there if Im gonna freeze my tush off. I can do that here (quite obviously) ;)