September 28, 2009

My Shoes Have Shippped

I got an email notice that my new shoes are on the way. Guess I'm gonna have to do some more running ;) There are some small races in the near future, like our Pumpkins In The Park and Turkey Trot, but I am not too sure what else lies in my future. Still pondering a 1/2 in the Winter/Spring, but beyond pondering I am not doing much else.

As for Saturdays race, I did find an update on RunKeeper with my splits. Mile 1 was my fastest at 9:53. Way too fast for me ;) I then did 2, 3 and 4 at about 10:30, but slowed down for 4 and 5. Overall it was a good race. I'll admit, my legs are a bit sore and tired still today. Although the soreness is in a good way, I think I'll still take a bit more time to recuperate.

3 comments:

JScribe said...

I am thinking i need some new shoes for our winter running season. Turkey trot?
I have to get back in the swing of things--i did just spend a week in Mexico NOT running.

Jess said...

I love a Turkey Trot!

New shoes are always the best. I don't really need a new pair, because I have so few miles on the ones I have, but I am still hankering for some shiny new kicks.

RunToTheFinish said...

woot woot for new shoes!!

oh and if you haven't stopped by for the salsa goodness... http://runtothefinish.blogspot.com/2009/09/pepper-dog-salsa-giveaway.html