August 4, 2009

A Pity Party ... And Some Motivation???

Brooke has been sick for a few days now. She has been running a pretty high fever, and generally just feeling lousy. When Brooke feels lousy ... I feel lousy :) In addition, I hurt my back (again) the other day (because I never did the physical therapy, I am aware of this). We have spent the past 4-5 days feeling bad for ourselves. Since she cannot do a whole lot, and I am not supposed to take her around other people until the fever breaks and has been gone 48 hours (Dr's orders) we have been feeling a bit trapped. We have been spending a lot of time cuddling on the couch and watching cartoons.

I have learned that I absolutely hate most of the cartoons out there, but there are a few I do enjoy. I think my current favorite is WonderPets. These guys are so cute I can barely stand it ... and they sing the cutest songs! The intro song is just addicting. Here is a clip someone made of it, cant show the real intro due to copyright!


Brooke is starting to get better. Her temp is down a bit and she ate breakfast for the first time in 5 days. That means she is ready to soon get back on with her life, and I must too. And coincidentally, a friend pointed out a new 10K happening in a few weeks! There is a 10K for Race for the Cure on 9/26. I've been looking for a race that's a bit longer than a 10K, but not quite a 10-miler ... this might be perfect!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sorry to hear about Brooke's being sick and you re-hurting your back! That would sink anyone into a funk.