July 26, 2009

A Noneventful 4-Miler

Did an early morning run with a friend of mine, confirming again how much I enjoy the early AM run. It just feels like my day is so complete, when I get a run in and still can go about my normal daily routine.

It was actually the first time I have run since last weekends race, which made the run a bit challenging. Its amazing how much a week off can slow you down ... but also how easy it is to get back into it. Starting off I was sure I wasn't going to make it, but by the 3rd mile I had warmed up and was feeling good. We got four miles in before breakfast, and I ate plenty of breakfast to refuel after the run. In addition to that breakfast, I also had two lattes and some Chinese food. Nothing like using a run as an excuse to act like a pig :)

Training Log
Time:42:04   Distance:4.01 mi   Pace:10:30

There was a bit of confusion with my run this morning. I thought RunKeeper announced that my first mile was about 13 1/2 minutes. Since that would have been the slowest I have pretty much ever run, I got a bit worried. We picked up the pace, and actually did mile three at 9:36. When I got back and looked up my run log I realized mile 1 was actually 10:33. Oops. Sometimes guilt (or embarassment) can make you run a whole lot faster...

2 comments:

Jess said...

Glad you were able to fit the 4 miler in! It helps to have a partner to run with.

Unknown said...

you should check out this new Nike + iPod thing. Really great for logging and viewing your runs.