June 24, 2009

Doing The 10K ... Or Maybe the 5K

I signed up for the race! I signed up for the 10K in hopes I would push myself a bit over the next few weeks, but called first and was told I could switch races (from 10K to 5K) if I wanted to. That was all I needed to know!

According to most training plans, it takes 8 weeks to train for a 10K and I have less than 4 until this July 19th race. Hal Higdons 10K training program says I should run 4.5 this weekend, then 5, then 5.5 ... then the race. Since its been a long time since I ran anything at all, I can tell you I wont be doing 4.5 this weekend. I'm gonna try to do 3 this weekend, 4 the next, and 5 the next. If I dont get up to that point then I'll do the 5K on the 19th. Right now I'm not even sure I could do a 3-miler :( Guess we will have to see!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats on signing up!

Sarah said...

Hope your training goes well! It is great that you will have options for the race.