May 1, 2009

Sweet!

I talked about NaBloPoMo before, and am giving it a shot again. Why? Well...why not?

The goal is to post every day for a month, which I think I can do. But the thing that lured me in this month was the topic: "Sweet". To participate you do not have to blog about the topic, but its something to stimulate conversation and blog posts. The topic for this month obviously is calling out to me. First of all, I am a bit fan of all things sweet. I love candies, cookies and pastries. I love lattes with a little bit of sweetness (specifically, the Toffee Nut Latte!). I have a 7-month-old daughter thats about the sweetest thing in the world. In addition, I tend to use the word "sweet" as general expression of things I like or that are good.

For example:
I found a $20 bill in my jacket pocket that I forgot about
Sweet!

I also use the word sarcastically quite often.
For example:
Today I showed up at a playgroup but found out it's actually not for two more weeks
Sweet!

I know I complain a lot and have a lot I can do to make my life better, but I can safely say (on most days) that I am a happy person and that basically, I think the word "sweet" is a generally good word to describe my life :)

I think I will continue the "sweet" topic for the month of May. I mentioned yesterday that I need to improve my eating habits a bit...I'm not ready to start eating all healthy or anything, but do think I can try to cut back on the bad stuff (like sweets...gasp!). I am going to try to confess the bad things I do eat in hopes that it makes me feel guilty, thus making me not do it as often :)

------------------------------------------------
Today's Sweets:
Cupcake (left over from yesterday)
2 lattes (a Toffee Nut & a Mocha)
Some Gumdrops (but they are from Whole Foods and have natural stuff in them...so they arent too bad for me, right?)

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love sweets too!