January 12, 2009

I Am Peeved

You might notice that I didnt post (or discuss) my time for the New Years Day 5K. It's not because I sucked. I mean, I did suck ... but thats not why I didn't post my time. I knew I was going to be slow and am not going to cry (that much) about a lousy time. I didn't post it because those dummies got my time wrong!

This race used chip timing. I'm sure most of you know, but just in case, here is some info on what that means. I crossed a mat at the beginning and there was a loud beeping noise. That would be my chip (which was attached to my shoe) registering. The same beep happened at the end. I started the race late, but the system should be able to calculate my net (or "chip time") based on the time it took me to get from one mat to the other. But, my time posted was my overall time - the time on the clock when I crossed the finish line! It's about 5 minutes slower than my real time because that is about how much behind the rest of the pack I was.

I have emailed the race organizer and the contact person for the timing company, but nobody responds :( I'm so irritated. I havent run a race in almost a year and am in quite a fragile state right now. I want those 5 minutes back! Until I get them back, I'm not posting my time ... and thats that.

No comments: