December 1, 2008

15 Specialty Sites You Should Know About

MSN has a pretty cool list of useful and interesting websites, but the part of the list I found enjoyable is the 15 Specialty Sites You Should Know About. Basically, this list includes some quirky sites that might provide some good fun if you are looking to waste time :) The best thing is that it introduced me to a few sites I was unaware of, which is cool since I thought I had reached the end of the internet. Here is where I wasted my time this weekend:

Ballroomdancers.com
This site has a "learning center" with video where you can learn a bunch of dances including the Tango, Rumba, Waltz and Mambo. Look for me soon on some reality-based dancing show!

Archive.org
This site crawls the internet and creates an archive of old pages (and has been doing so since 1996). For example, they have an archive of all of the sites related to September 11, and here is what Yahoo.com looked like on 10/17/96. There is also an archive of movies, films & videos and live music. Pretty sweet!

Occultopdeia.com
According to the website "Occultopedia is the genuine article, the original and the best internet index of the extraordinary and uncanny, shamelessly copied by many, but never equaled." There is some great stuff on here and I couldnt even begin to list it, but I think its a place where one could spend a great deal of time. (Check out the article for the full list)

No comments: