June 18, 2008

Prego Yoga: Round 2

I have been doing yoga once-a-week since May 14. That means today was my 6th class. Unfortunately, thats really all I have been doing. Yeah, I suck. Bloom, the studio I go to, is actually quite awesome...but the prenatal yoga class schedule is not perfect for me. I take a class on Wednesdays from 11:15 - 12:45, but the others they offer tend to be inconvenient. On Saturday and Sunday they have them in the middle of the day, at 12:00. Generally I am out running errands or working on something around the house - and taking a two hour break right in the middle of the day just screws me up. They also have a class on Monday nights. If I am not working, I am not going to spend my dinner time doing yoga. I am going to spend it eating dinner :)

I decided I needed to find another yoga class that met during the day, and actually found this to be quite a struggle. Finally I found one at the local YMCA that started yesterday. So starting yesterday I now do my yoga thing twice a week.

I learned today in my yoga class that beginning in July the Sunday yoga class at Bloom is moving to 10:45. Thats much better than noon, and I plan on incorporating that class too ... which should put me up to yoga three days a week (if my expanding belly and cankles can handle it).

Image Info:Mamá Yoga
Courtesy of Gisela Bohórquez

No comments: