June 30, 2008

Can't Train Yourself? Train Your Dog Instead

Perhaps since I am a bit useless, I can devote my energy to training Wrigley instead of training myself? This past Saturday (6/28) about 60 canines competed for medals (and barking rights!) at the 3rd annual Loews Coronado Bay Resort Surf Dog Competition in Imperial Beach, CA. Prizes included a pet vacation at the resort and a feature in Modern Dog Magazine.

The winner in the "large surf dogs 41 pounds and over" was a Black Lab! Wrigley, weighing in at a hefty 72 lbs, definitely falls into that category. Perhaps if we train from now until next year she has a chance at winning her own magazine feature :) I have a feeling my chances are better at winning this than my previous idea of getting her to "dance" in a talent competition.

I think I have to buy a surf board and bring it to the doggie beach...


Pictured: TJ, a Spanish Spaniel
Winner of the small surf dogs 40 pounds and under

No comments: