May 30, 2008

I Need To Rant

Right before we moved Jeff and I went to go buy ourselves a king-size bed. We were so excited to have the room to finally get a king and shopped for quite a while until we found the "perfect one". We ended up getting it from Toms-Price. When we ordered it we were told that it was a really popular item and not in the warehouse, so it would take a coupld of weeks to arrive. This was not a big deal since we just bought our house and had plenty of time until we moved in. Weeks later we still had not heard about the bed, so I called them to check on the status. Good news! It was arriving to the warehouse in the next day or so! So lets schedule a delivery date ... in two weeks. Toms-Price got lucky because the first delivery date available was our move date. Jeff and I got lucky because we ordered our bed so early.

Now onto my current problem...

When we ordered the bed we werent sure what we wanted to do with our bedroom, so that was all we ordered. Several weeks ago I went back and ordered the rest of the set (two nightstands and a dresser) in addition to an ottoman for the foot of the bed. The salesperson told me I was in luck...the warehouse had the stuff (except for the ottoman) and put a rush on my order. I would say this was about 4 weeks ago and I havent heard from them since. So I called them to check what was going on. Good news! My furniture is "arriving in the warehouse" as I spoke to the customer service rep. She suggested we set up a delivery date ... and the first availability is Friday, June 13.

Does something seem wrong here? You wait weeks and weeks just for them to get the furniture in. Then they cant even schedule a delivery date for several weeks after that. This isnt free delivery either ... I am PAYING to wait two more weeks until they have the availability to pencil my delivery in. Why dont they anticipate the arrival into their warehouse and then schedule accordingly? Why do they wait until it arrives ... and then schedule? And I called them! Arrrrh...I am very irritated with this company. I think it is the last you will be seeing of me Toms-Price!

Image courtey of Directions Business Systems Development.

No comments: