January 16, 2008

Skipped The Gym ... Had A Cupcake Instead

First, I want to mention that I finally did go to the gym this week. Once. I am back on campus and still getting it all together, but I got myself to the gym. I also plan on getting myself there again tomorrow. Twice in a week isn't anything to brag about but I am at least moving in the right direction.

As for today, I didnt quite make it to the gym. In fact, I did the complete opposite of anything healthy today. And because I didn't exactly follow a good path all day, I decided that I should end the day with a bang. Note: Bang=Pastry

After some pleading, I convinced Jeff to go with me to a new cupcake place that opened up a few blocks from our place - called "Molly's Cupcakes" (site still in the works). The girls at Cupcakes Take The Cake reviewed Molly's quite favorably ... and I agree! But, while it was a cute place and the cupcake was good, it still doesnt beat my favorite - Sensational Bites! Personally I really love the plain-old vanilla or chocolate, but Viktorija's post about the Boston Creme cupcake pretty much explains how I feel about this place.


Photo of Sensational Bites wonderful cupcakes from Flickr user Zesmerelda

4 comments:

Jess said...

Those look beautiful!

robison52 said...

Running and exercise takes commitment, but it's difficult to remain consistent if you don't have a goal. You were VERY consistent for your marathon goal...maybe you should find another racing goal, perhaps a 5k PR, or 10k, half-marathon, or should I say it...marathon?!?

Linden said...

Thanks for the encouragement! And WAY TO GO! on going to the gym this week! One of my friends believes in baby steps, and even though you've already accomplished something great (the marathon!), maybe you need baby steps to get back into it. The main thing is that you don't beat yourself up too much. I like what robison52 said too: maybe you need a goal to work towards! Like 100-miles in 8 weeks! :)

I came across a blog that I think you would enjoy (although it will probably just encourage those bangs of yours--it has been for me!), and today's post just happens to be about cupcakes! It's NeverBashfulWithButter.blogspot.com/

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

You must live in the cookie and cupcake capital of the world. Your dessert pics are always the best.