January 15, 2008

5K Aspirations? Maybe This Will Help :)

My friend, Vanilla, over at Half-Fast, has a great idea to help those of us who want to improve their 5K times in 2008: the "Shave Your 5K Challenge".

The main point of the challenge is to run 2 5K's this year...one in the next few months and then one at the end of the year. Hopefully you shave some time off between the two races - and if you do, you might win a prize! This is great motivation for those of us who often need something to force us to do things, as our internal motivation center appears to be on the blink. Vanilla himself will be keeping track of our race times and promises to praise those who do well and chastise those whose times actually worsen :) For more details, or to participate in this fun virtual competition, visit his blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, I'm totally in. I've got a good chance to improve as I'm so expecting to run this weekend's 5k slower than my marathon pace.

Marathoner in Training said...

Thanks for stopping by lifestudent. Feel free to check in on my progress any time. Now that you completed a marathon, what is next a 50K, or a triathlon?

I intend to do the Shave 5K.
Keep in touch.