January 19, 2008

Finally, A Valid Excuse

I won't be running this weekend. In fact, unless there is an emergency, I dont even plan to leave the house. Its true, I am lazy ... but for once I have a legitimate reason to continue my hybernation. One of the downsides of living in Chicago is the fact that we usually have some brutal periods during our Winter. Big snowsorms, icy roads ... and what we are experiencing right now ... sub-zero temperatures. The forecast high for today is a whopping 7 degrees. But thats hot compared to the temps with windchills: 20 to 25 below. Right now my computer says its 2 degrees out ... and obviously that doesnt take into account the whipping, freezing winds.

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

I don't know about lazy.

There's something wonderful about not going outside in these temps--except I tend to eat too much when I'm in.

Hang in there.