January 8, 2008

The Dreaded Black Toenail

Even though I am not actually doing it...I am still thinking about moving. I never had this specific issue, but many of my running friends have had problems with black toenails. In the winter its not a huge issue, but I think everyone got tired of having to use super-dark toenail polish all summer just so that innocent bystanders were not horrified by the site of a runner-in-flip-flops. Runners WOrld has posted a pretty neat video online that actually demonstrates some different ways to lace shoes to alleviate some common problems. Here it is!

In the February issue, Runner's World covered the Chicago Marathon in detail, and provided some interesting things I havent seen elsewhere. While the article isnt complete and there were some things I wished they had checked out (or gone into more detail on) ... it is without a doubt the most detailed coverage of the event I have seen so far. At the very least, its worth a read :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel sort of like a loser since I didn't get black toenails last year. Not THAT big of one, but one nonetheless.

lifestudent said...

I never got one either, but am still in the process of loosing my pinky toenail (but it never went black!).