July 9, 2007

Reluctant Runner :(

I woke up today and had it in my head that I wasnt going to run. Not only was the high 89 degrees, but my knees were hurting. I was pretty sure I was going to get in for a consultation from a physical therapist, and so this would be a "rest day". I called the therapy center and they cant get me in until Wednesday! By the time I called (they didnt open until 10:30 AM) it was already above 80 degrees...so then I decided it was too hot to run :)
I ran some errands, hit the grocery store, and did some of my fabulous research. Then I ate lots of junk food I bought at the grocery store and decided I really did need to go do some sort of workout - my excuses were no longer enough. I convinced Jeff to go to the gym when he got home from work, so that way I knew I would go.

Training Log
Time:  30:00 time  Distance:2.80 miles   Pace:  10:47min/mi
It was a million degrees in the gym, and my knees are not feeling so great, so I decided that just the fact that I was doing a workout was enough. So I decided that I would do 30 (instead of 40 minutes) at a bit of a slower pace than I normally do for my short runs (10:47 vs 10:30). Now I am home, and my legs are throbbing. I am still not sure doing the workout was the right way to go, but at least I burned off about one of the many cookies I ate.

No comments: