June 13, 2007

I Was Crabby Yesterday...

Yesterday I had a crabby day. All day I was just irritable. I didn't post because I didnt want to complain or whine, when my problem was just me :) Today I am not crabby...so here is my update for yesterday!

Class Substitute
So yesterday morning I had to substitute teach a class for a friend out of town at a conference. When I got on campus, I grabbed a coffee and headed over to the building. I realized the room info I had (I had to look it up online because my friend forgot to send it to me) wasnt really accurate...so I walked into a room that I thought was right at 10:30 (class was at 10:45) and asked if they were in "Tovi's class". The students looked at me like I was nuts so I ran.
I went to the office of a department assistant in another building, and by the time I arrived I was a bit panicked and sweating. She looked it up, and the room I had was correct. She said "Did you ask them if they were in the Entrepreneurship class?". Um, no. I just asked if they were in "Tovi's class"...and Tovi is my friends nickname. So I realized I was in the right class, they just didnt know his nickname:) Back to the classroom!
When I walked in the same students looked at me like I was crazy. Then a girl asked how to the the audio-visual stuff turned on because they had a presentation. Um, I don't now. Now its about 10:50 and I run all over trying to figure out where A/V is. I had to go to another building, and they told me it wasnt set up by the teacher so they couldnt turn it on. I got back to the room and was panicking because it was 10:57 and I was late - and had no equipment.
To make a long-story short, the kids got off easy because I just had them present to the class without slides...and gave them tons of liberty to ad hoc. What should have been a 20 minute presentation took about 8 minutes. In addition, the class starts at 11:00, not 10:45, so I wasnt late. My friend is really going to hear it when he gets back ;)

Rest of the Day
I didnt study at all yesterday. This may be dumb, but it was an errand day! I had to go to Target, and do a lot of stuff around the house, and then we went out to dinner last night. Before I knew it, it was 11:00 pm. And, of course, I couldnt fall asleep. So, I got back up out of bed and did some cleaning. I went back to bed around 1AM, but still couldnt sleep. So it was a restless on and off sleep night, and I would have had the right to be crabby today ... but luckily I am not!

TODAY
Today I have to go study. I am trying to get some stuff together and get out to a coffee shop. I also have mid-week workout tonight at 6:30. I am not really in the mood for a but whooping tonight, and have had terrible times sleeping afterwords. I have learned that the adrenaline rush (or whatever) that I get from a workout completely inhibits my sleep. Last week I was up until 4 or 5 AM. I dont know what to do, but hopefully tonight will be different - I am already starting today short on sleep and dont want to continue on like that. (Poor me)

No comments: