June 13, 2007

I Lied

So this morning I said that I woke up and I was no longer crabby. I guess I lied. While I really wasn't crabby first thing in the morning, it hit me shortly after and the rest of the day today has not been so good. I dont feel very well - just out of sorts :( I tried to study, but I couldnt. I couldn't really do anything today (maybe because of the pounding headache). Unfortunately, this also affected my run tonight. Its the first time I actually couldnt do a workout since I began training, and its a bit of a letdown. Obviously everyone has a bad day once-in-a-while, and its better to have a day like this on a short run versus a long run workout. Not I just need to get out of the funk and think about my 10-miler!

I need to head to bed, tomorrow morning I have a breakfast date with a 1-year-old :) Friends are moving, and I am going to entertain their son while the movers are there. I think I am probabaly going to need more energy for that than I do for my Saturday runs - keeping up with a 1-year-old isnt easy! So my plan is to wake up, no longer in the funk, and then try to avoid getting crabby while a baby pinches, scratches and bites me. Wish me luck!
Training Log
The goal for today's workout was to run lengths between 300-400 meters, at various pacings. We were to alternate "slow" versus "faster" paces in different ratios, e.g. 1:1, 1:2, 1:3. I just couldnt do it - I really couldnt run at all. Instead of doing the ratios I just ran here and there. But I had to walk parts of it - which I have never done in any of my runs. Even in my 8-milers, etc. I havent walked portions. So even though my total workout was about 3.5 miles, I am going to assume I only ran 2.5...so thats what I am counting in my mileage.

No comments: