January 28, 2009

The Best (and Worst) Fast-Food French Fries

Yahoo! Food has picked the "Best and Worst Fast-Food French Fries". I'm telling you now, I havent read the results yet. But prior to reading I will profess my undying love for McDonalds french fries. They are wonderful. They are glorious. I dream about them. That being said, they do not travel well. We live only about a mile from McDonalds and if Jeff ever brings home dinner from them my fries are nasty by the time they get here. Of course, I still eat them ... but I complain with each an every bite. In order to truly enjoy a McDonalds french fry, you must enjoy a fine dining experience at one of the plastic booths while trying to have a conversation over the screams and yells of children playing in the playland while adults sitting nearby all pretend that the obnoxious kids are not their own.

Ok, now Im going to read.

Figures. Out of those reviewed (Arby's Curly Fries, Burger King's French Fries, Carl's Jr.'s Natural-Cut Fries, Dairy Queen's French Fries,Jack in the Box's Natural Cut Fries, McDonald's French Fries, & Wendy's French Fries), McDonalds is the worst when it comes to calories, Dairy Queen is the best. Luckily, Arby's is worse than McDonalds when it comes to saturated fat, and all but Jack in the Box are trans fat free. That means that McDonalds fries, while obviously not good for you (in any way, shape, or form) are not the worst for you in all categories. YAY!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I agree, McDonald's has the best tasting fries, but I almost never allow myself to have Micky D's, so I rarely get to enjoy them.

Kristin said...

Do you remember back when McDonalds fries were made with saturated fat--like lard or beef beef tallow or something like that--and they were so good. Nowadays I don't really eat fries at all, so the issue is, sadly, moot for me.